Team Work

Posted by on 27/03/2015

Yesterday I attended a Teaching School Conference. Two of the speakers were Matt Dawson and Dr Cath Bishop. Cath Bishop was an Olympic rower who won a silver medal at the 2004 Olympics. After the Olympics she became a diplomat working in conflict zones. Matt Dawson was part of the Team that won the Rugby World Cup in 2003. Both Matt and Cath talked about how they became so good at their sports and how resilience, team work and sheer hard work helped them to become as good as they could be. They also talked about how they followed instructions given to them by their coaches and other professionals. I was very lucky to win a ball signed by Matt Dawson and one of the children at Hilltop Infant School will win the ball for sporting achievement next term. Matt threw the ball to me and I had to catch it. Fortunately I did!!!

The children will be hearing more about Dr Cath Bishop after the Easter holidays.

Matt Dawson